Forgive us, pretty please? We’ll be back soon, we promise!
Happy(ish) International Women’s Day! We miss you!
Dear Boss Bettyers,
We’ve missed you so much and send 1 million, billion apologies through the internet waves to you for our unceremonious recent departure from your inbox.
The world has been — and is! — crazy, and we’ve been all over the place trying to make things happen (because that’s how we all do! 💪), and that’s meant that we haven’t been able to get it together to get the weekly Boss Betty newsletter out. We’re so sorry, and we’re really counting on you to understand, because everything is still pretty topsy-turvy, right?
We’re still working out how to consistently deliver a weekly edition of Boss Betty to your inbox, but, in the meantime, we absolutely could not let International Women’s Day go by without checking in with you and saying “hiiiiiii” and also “omg have you read fill-in-the-blank?!?”
Pursuant to that last thing—and since we assume the lack of Boss Betty has left you a bit less informed on the feminist news front than you’d otherwise be—here’s some news of note from the past couple of weeks:
- New #MeToo landmark: The first major legislation of the #MeToo era is a ban on forced arbitration for sexual harassment and assault claims. 🥳
- Cuomo portrays himself as a victim in a six-figure TV ad blitz: Andrew Cuomo’s still-active campaign spent $369,000 to recast the sexual harassment case against him. (Ew.)
- Why women are less likely to be corrupt than men: Female officials have fewer opportunities for graft and find it harder to get away with.
- States aren’t waiting for the Supreme Court to tighten abortion laws: A frenzy of legislative activity to shut down access to abortion forms a picture of a post-Roe America. (Is it just us, or are people not sufficiently freaking out about SCOTUS?)
- Speaking of the Supreme Court of the United States: What to Know About Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson’s Historic Nomination to the Supreme Court
We are very excited to get back into the swing of things, so stay tuned for updates. Stay safe and sane! 😘
And just like that…
It’s 2022. Happy New Year! Can we still say that? Maybe just for this one last day? We’re happy to...
Wow, that naughty list is looong🧑🎄
The naughty or nice list Can you IMAGINE how long this newsletter would be if we actually got into the...
Time’s up on Time’s Up? – Cuomo’s cringey bro code – Casual misogyny of ‘Succession’
Is Time’s Up just getting a glow-up, or a legit overhaul? The status of Time’s Up, the nonprofit dedicated to...
Boss Betty✊: Why board talk isn’t boring – Amazon sued (again) for gender bias – Pinterest aims to put a pin in bias
Why we never get bored with board talk Business has replaced government as the most trusted institution in the world,...
The Wing is reopening and some ex-employees — and former members — are not happy
The Wing posted on Instagram Wednesday that they would be reopening next week, starting with one of their Manhattan locations....
It’s Equal Pay Day, the ‘holiday’ we cannot wait to get rid of!
Hahaha, so cute that a year ago we asked, “What will post-pandemic, Equal Pay Day 2021 look like?” and here...